- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Fox renews four shows
MUMBAI: US broadcaster Fox has renewed ‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’, along with comedies ‘The Mindy Project’ and ‘New Girl’, for the 2014-15 season.
Psychological thriller ‘The Following’ was also renewed, it was announced today by Fox chairman of entertainment Kevin Reilly and Fox COO Joe Earley.
Reilly and Earley said, “These shows are some of the best and acclaimed series on television, with influential, culture-driving stars, and some of the best, most creative talent behind the camera. All four are core assets within our 2014-15 portfolio of content, and we’re really happy to bring them back to our Fox fans for another season.”
‘Booklyn Nine-Nine’ was picked up for a second season, while ‘The Mindy Project’ received a third season order, and ‘New Girl’ was renewed for a fourth season. ‘The Following’ was picked up for its third season.
As previously announced, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ was picked up for a second season, ‘Glee’ was renewed for its sixth season and ‘Bones’ was picked up for its tenth. Additional pickups will be announced.
‘Brooklyn Nine-Nine’ stars Andy Samberg as a talented, but carefree, detective and Andre Braugher as his new precinct captain with a lot to prove.
Created and written by Mindy Kaling ‘The Mindy Project’ stars Kaling as a skilled OB/GYN trying to balance both her personal and professional life.
‘New Girl’ stars Zooey Deschanel as a smart and spirited woman navigating her way through the highs and lows of modern friendship and romance, alongside her male roommate and her beautiful best friend.
Thriller ‘The Following’ stars Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy. It follows a deadly cat-and-mouse chase between a former FBI agent and a devious and diabolical serial killer.