- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Fox picks up show ‘Shots Fired’
MUMBAI: US broadcaster Fox has ordered ‘Shots Fired’. This show from Gina Prince-Bythewood and Reggie Rock Bythewood examines the dangerous aftermath of racially charged shootings in a small town in Tennessee.
The series will debut next year.
Fox president entertainment David Madden said, “Gina and Reggie have crafted a profoundly moving portrayal of a timely and sensitive issue that pervades our culture at this very moment. This is not only an important story to tell, but also an explosive mystery-thriller, and we couldn’t be in better hands both with the creative team behind this, along with the very talented Sanaa Lathan leading the cast.”
The show from 20th Century Fox Television and Imagine Television will star Sanaa Lathan as an expert investigator who digs into the cases, alongside a special prosecutor sent to the town by the Department of Justice.
The pair must navigate the media attention, public debate and the social unrest that comes with such volatile cases, as they seek justice before the divided town erupts.