- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Fox Intl Channels to combine operations in Turkey
MUMBAI: Fox International Channels announced today that it is combining FIC Turkey and Fox Turkey into a single operational business unit. The announcement was made by Fox International Channels Europe and Africa president Jan Koeppen, to whom both companies currently report.
Koeppen said, “By combining our Pay TV business and our free-to-air channel in Turkey, we make them a more integral part 21st Century Fox, one of the world’s most dynamic media companies. This operational integration creates a stronger partner for advertisers and platforms, a powerful creative destination for producers and an even more exciting place for our employees to work.”
Fic’s Adam Theiler will run the combined business in his capacity as EVP, Southern Europe and Africa. His leadership has helped make FIC the most prominent pay television channel business in Turkey. He will continue to oversee all of FIC’s television and online businesses in Spain, Portugal, Greece and Africa.
Theiler said, “My goal is to see that the combined business continues to attract and motivate exceptional talent who will grow our Pay and Free-to-Air TV business. This combination -strengthens our entire portfolio in the region”.
Pietro Vicari, who has run the Fox Turkey business for the past five years, will take a new position at Sky Italy as deputy CFO. “Pietro has steered Fox Turkey on a steady growth path, more than doubling the size of the business during his tenure. I would like to thank him for his leadership and congratulate him on his new position at Sky “.
There will be a structured operational integration process over the next months, which will be led by Cenk Soner as COO. Mehmet Icagasioglu will lead ad sales for the business. Sebnem Askin, who has overseen Fox TVs most recent rating success in Turkey, will continue to run programming at Fox TV. Dogan Senturk will continue in his role as head of News and Sports at Fox TV. These appointments are effective immediately.