- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Former Supreme Court judge appointed as TDSAT chairman
NEW DELHI: The post of TDSAT chairman, lying vacant since Justice Aftab Alam retired last June, has been filled up.
Retired Supreme Court judge Shiva Kirti Singh has been appointed as the new chairman of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT).
He has been appointed for a period of three years from the date of assumption of office or “until further orders, whichever is earlier”.
Before becoming a judge in the Supreme Court, he had served as the chief justice of Allahabad High Court.