- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Flipkart in licensing deal with Viacom18 for 3 global brands
MUMBAI: In a first-of-its-kind arrangement in the industry, Indian e-commerce major Flipkart has tied up with Viacom18 for the licensing of three global brands – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spongebob Squarepants and Peanuts.
The tie-up is part of the e-commerce firm’s new brand licensing initiative to ease the process for international brands entering India and offering consumers more authentic and branded merchandise.
The company said that global brands are constantly looking to partner with the most competent manufacturers across categories, and Flipkart wants to become the licensing platform that connects these brands to the most deserving in India.
Flipkart VP and head, Seller Ecosystem Manish Maheshwari said, “Through this online licensing concept, we want to simplify this process by connecting international brands with the top-performing sellers on our platform, giving the brands the power to keep track of product sales as well as quality,” he said.
“It gives us great pride to introduce a concept like this for the first time in India where a global player can connect with Flipkart and have the product licensed across any number of sellers they want.”
He said the company plans to extend its ecosystem with licensors on one side and thousands of high-quality sellers eligible to be licensees on the other side.
Last week, the e-commerce firm had partnered Italian company Pitti Immagine to launch fashion platform Trendstalk.