- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Flipkart in licensing deal with Viacom18 for 3 global brands
MUMBAI: In a first-of-its-kind arrangement in the industry, Indian e-commerce major Flipkart has tied up with Viacom18 for the licensing of three global brands – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Spongebob Squarepants and Peanuts.
The tie-up is part of the e-commerce firm’s new brand licensing initiative to ease the process for international brands entering India and offering consumers more authentic and branded merchandise.
The company said that global brands are constantly looking to partner with the most competent manufacturers across categories, and Flipkart wants to become the licensing platform that connects these brands to the most deserving in India.
Flipkart VP and head, Seller Ecosystem Manish Maheshwari said, “Through this online licensing concept, we want to simplify this process by connecting international brands with the top-performing sellers on our platform, giving the brands the power to keep track of product sales as well as quality,” he said.
“It gives us great pride to introduce a concept like this for the first time in India where a global player can connect with Flipkart and have the product licensed across any number of sellers they want.”
He said the company plans to extend its ecosystem with licensors on one side and thousands of high-quality sellers eligible to be licensees on the other side.
Last week, the e-commerce firm had partnered Italian company Pitti Immagine to launch fashion platform Trendstalk.