- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Finnish production house Aito creates ‘Fake News’ format
MUMBAI: Finnish production company Aito Media has launched a new entertainment format, Fake News, in Washington DC.
“Fake News builds on a phenomenon highlighted by the past US presidential elections. It is getting increasingly hard to separate real news from fake news. The timing for our show is perfect,” said Aito Media CEO Ilkka Hynninen.
In the brand new format, celebrity contestants are faced with exactly this challenge. Their tasks range from separating real news from fake, to creating fake news of their own and telling incredible stories from their own life.
“The audience is addicted to bogus and totally fake news. We want to harness this addiction with a show that is at the same time entertaining but also exposes the way we consume media,” says Aito creative director, chairman Eero Hietala.
The format will be distributed in the global market by Small World IFT.