- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Finnish production house Aito creates ‘Fake News’ format
MUMBAI: Finnish production company Aito Media has launched a new entertainment format, Fake News, in Washington DC.
“Fake News builds on a phenomenon highlighted by the past US presidential elections. It is getting increasingly hard to separate real news from fake news. The timing for our show is perfect,” said Aito Media CEO Ilkka Hynninen.
In the brand new format, celebrity contestants are faced with exactly this challenge. Their tasks range from separating real news from fake, to creating fake news of their own and telling incredible stories from their own life.
“The audience is addicted to bogus and totally fake news. We want to harness this addiction with a show that is at the same time entertaining but also exposes the way we consume media,” says Aito creative director, chairman Eero Hietala.
The format will be distributed in the global market by Small World IFT.