- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
FilmBuff to distribute docu series ‘Truth And Power’ globally
MUMBAI: Global sales and distribution company FilmBuff has licensed international rights to distribute ‘Truth and Power’.
This is a 10-part investigative docu-series narrated by actress Maggie Gyllenhaal and executive-produced by Brian Knappenberger. The series premiered in the US on Participant Media’s Pivot network.
FilmBuff will handle international sales, beginning with the upcoming Realscreen market.
‘Truth and Power’ centers on the question, “What happens when private institutions and governments abuse their power and break the public trust?” Each half hour episode pulls the curtain back on stories of ordinary people going to extraordinary lengths to reveal corporate exploitation and infringement on civil liberties resulting from government overreach. Through interviews, original footage and newly unearthed documents, ‘Truth And Power’ probes the issues of security, surveillance and profiteering in the digital age.
“We’re huge fans of Brian’s, having worked with both him and Participant on his earlier films ‘The Internet’s Own Boy’ and ‘We Are Legion’. The issues he tackles in “Truth and Power” are of global importance, and we couldn’t be prouder to bring this series to the global audience that it deserves,” said FilmBuff CEO Janet Brown.