- MIB integrates three media units under newly created BOC
- Republic TV, BTVI in strategic content alliance for Union Budget 2018
- Oyeeee Media gets board approval to partner Balaji, Essel Vision
- TV Today invests Rs 28.6 crore in Mail Today
- Prime Focus to raise Rs 330 cr via preferential warrants to cut debt
- Sony acquires India broadcast rights of T10 Cricket League
FilmBuff to distribute docu series ‘Truth And Power’ globally
MUMBAI: Global sales and distribution company FilmBuff has licensed international rights to distribute ‘Truth and Power’.
This is a 10-part investigative docu-series narrated by actress Maggie Gyllenhaal and executive-produced by Brian Knappenberger. The series premiered in the US on Participant Media’s Pivot network.
FilmBuff will handle international sales, beginning with the upcoming Realscreen market.
‘Truth and Power’ centers on the question, “What happens when private institutions and governments abuse their power and break the public trust?” Each half hour episode pulls the curtain back on stories of ordinary people going to extraordinary lengths to reveal corporate exploitation and infringement on civil liberties resulting from government overreach. Through interviews, original footage and newly unearthed documents, ‘Truth And Power’ probes the issues of security, surveillance and profiteering in the digital age.
“We’re huge fans of Brian’s, having worked with both him and Participant on his earlier films ‘The Internet’s Own Boy’ and ‘We Are Legion’. The issues he tackles in “Truth and Power” are of global importance, and we couldn’t be prouder to bring this series to the global audience that it deserves,” said FilmBuff CEO Janet Brown.