- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
FIH retains Jump Solution for third year to continue delivering commercial strategy
MUMBAI: The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has extended its relationship with commercial strategy agency Jump for the third year.
Jump has been working with FIH since January 2012 to shape and deliver a new commercial strategy, which covers all areas of revenue including event assignment, media, rights packaging and sponsorship and licensing. The extension runs from January 2014 – January 2015.
All FIH events for 2015-2018 were assigned last November with the ﬂagship World Cups going to India (men’s) and England (women’s). In addition, FIH recently agreed an eight-year deal with Star Sports, which brings a new level of TV production for international hockey, and much stronger revenues and distribution.
A new approach is now being taken towards sponsorship, ensuring all new sponsors truly support the growth of international hockey. As well as the deal with Star, the FIH’s shift in global partners aims to grow hockey in a range of ﬁelds including performance, growth, innovation and communications.
FIH CEO Kelly Fairweather said, “Jump has guided us through the strategic process to identify and follow the best path for international hockey. It is now helping us to implement new areas of commercial activity, particularly sponsorship. We look forward to working with them for another year and growing the game of hockey on a global scale.”
Jump CEO Matthew Osmon said, “It has been a pleasure to help to transform FIH into one of the most innovative and energetic International Federations, and it is exciting to see the new strategy start to bear fruit.”
Jump has played a key role in the commercial development of FIH’s ﬂagship events, with the World Cup, annual Hockey World League and Champions Trophy now established worldwide and a new format targeting youth coming under the spotlight in 2014.