- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
FC Goa appoints Sukhvinder Singh as CEO
MUMBAI: Indian Super League (ISL) club FC Goa has appointed Sukhvinder Singh as the CEO to develop the club at all levels.
Sukkhi, as he is widely known, is one of the few football professionals who have worked with the world’s top sports brand Nike, the federation (All India Football Federation) and set up India’s leading football company (Libero Sports India).
A former Santosh Trophy player, Sukkhi is also an MBA by qualification.
“The team had a good start last season and made it to the semi-finals in the first edition of the Hero Indian Super League. It is important that the club is developed further at all levels including the elite team, the youth, grassroots, marketing and media and most importantly fan development,” FC Goa co-owners Dattaraj Salgaocar and Shriniwas Dempo said in a statement.
“We believe Sukhvinder Singh has the right understanding of the sport in India and would provide the club with a long-term strategy and a robust business plan. Goa has global ambitions and we wanted someone who has industry awareness at the global level. Sukkhi is an ideal fit and we would like to officially welcome him to the FC Goa family.”
Sukhvinder stated, “While I followed and watched a lot of football in India it is for the first time ever that I am officially and emotionally connected with a football club. I want to build the off-pitch team that is critical to the success of the on-pitch team, which results in development of the club as a whole. The brand of Goa is global and FC Goa will try to leverage the identity, football culture and passion of the region to create a strong community-driven movement that will capture the imagination of football enthusiasts not only in India but also at the global level.”