- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Fans bring back DDLJ to Maratha Mandir
MUMBAI: Days after Yash Raj Films announced the final run of its classic film ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge’ at the Maratha Mandir in Mumbai, a huge outcry by the fans has brought the movie back to the theatre.
The sudden announcement of the film being pulled out of Maratha Mandir at the end of 1,009 unprecedented weeks resulted in a spontaneous outcry from the cinema-going audience.
Ever since this news went out, the Maratha Mandir management was flooded with requests to reinstate the movie based on which they decided to immediately reconsider their decision.
Thus, it has now been mutually decided to continue the screening in the same 11:30 am morning show, without breaking the uninterrupted run of the movie.
YRF team said, “This only strengthens the unconditional love of all DDLJ fans over generations. We are very happy to announce that Raj & Simran will continue to draw audiences and reinforce the timeless romance the movie has embodied over the last two decades.”