- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
#fame launches video fashion mag with Karan Johar
MUMBAI: #fame has launched India’s first video fashion magazine with Karan Johar. It is titled ‘Lakme School of Style’.
The show also marks film-maker and fashion icon Johar’s digital debut. It will present the newest trends and happenings from the fashion world and also create new age fashionistas and idols.
Lakmé will lend its expertise and industry knowledge to Lakmé School of Style, while a fashion brigade led by Johar will bring the fashion news, views and events from all over the world to the internet screen.
The debut season of ‘Lakmé School of Style’ will span over six months and content will be served through digital videos on a daily basis. The channel will be hosted across the #fame network which is available on all digital and social platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Dailymotion, WeChat and other content publishers.
#fame CEO Saket Saurabh said, “At #fame, we are committed to discovering and promoting the best emerging talent on the digital video platform. ‘Lakmé School of Style’ will achieve this objective, by giving talented fashionistas a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to shape the dialogue on style and trends. As India’s first fashion video magazine, ‘Lakmé School of Style’ will be the definitive destination for fashion in the country.”
The multimedia campaign has already been launched as Johar begins hiring his dream team. Interested and active fashion vloggers can send their entries to the channel.
Johar said, “I am excited about the power of digital and the new wave of promising young talent that’s coming to the fore through it. #fame’s unique initiative, Lakmé School of Style, is the perfect opportunity for us to discover top fashion talent and I look forward to making my digital debut with this show.”