- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Facebook unveils top trends in 2016, has 166 mn monthly active users in India
MUMBAI: Social media giant Facebook has revealed that it has 166 million monthly active users (MAU) in India. The MAU on mobile is 159 million. The company has 85 million daily active users (DAU) and 81 million DAU on mobile.
Facebook has also unveiled top trends in the country. Diwali was the most-discussed topics in India on Facebook. Telangana Siddipet-based Ejaz Ahmed’s video on English writing skills was the top live video in the country.
Facebook’s ‘2016 Year in Review Video’ saw the most downloads. The top hashtag used during the year was #love. The global top moment on the platform was the US Presidential Election.
The top 10 moments of this year’s Year in Review were measured by how frequently a topic was mentioned in Facebook posts made between 1 January and 27 November.
To put this list together, mentions were analysed in an aggregated, anonymised way and then ranked to create a snapshot of the year on Facebook. The top 10 live videos were measured by total cumulative views.
Facebook also said that this month users will see a personalised video in their news feed of their meaningful moments from 2016 that they can edit and share with family and friends.
Top 10 most talked-about topics from India in 2016 on Facebook:
3. Uri attacks and surgical attacks
4. Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Movie)
5. Hardwell (India Tour)
6. Priyanka Chopra
7. Rio Olympics
8. Pokemon Go
10. iPhone 7 launch
Global top moments on Facebook:
1. US Presidential Election
2. Brazilian politics
3. Pokémon Go
4. Black Lives Matter
5. Rodrigo Duterte & Philippine Presidential Election
8. Super Bowl
9. David Bowie
10. Muhammad Ali
• Facebook’s 2016 Year in Review video
• ‘Your Year in Review’ video
• Candace Payne Live Screenshot
Most Instagrammed locations of 2016 from India:
1. Marine Drive, Mumbai
2. Taj Mahal
3. Hauz Khas Village, New Dehli
4. Juhu Beach, Mumbai
5. India Gate, New Dehli
6. Baga Beach, Goa
7. Connaught Place, New Dehli
8. Select Citywalk, New Delhi
9. Golden Temple, Amritsar, Punjab
10. Nandi Hills, Bangalore
Most-used hashtags from India:
Most Instagrammed days in India:
• 10/30/16 – Diwali
• 11/14/16 – Children’s Day
• 10/11/16 – Dussehra