- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Facebook sets up forum for Indian brands
MUMBAI: Social networking giant Facebook has set up a forum for Indian brands, the India Client Council, to enable brands to share ideas about the future of marketing.
The council includes companies like Tata Motors, Flipkart, Airtel, P&G, Madison World, ICICI Bank, HUL, Micromax, Future Group and more.
Apart from India, Facebook has global, EMEA, Brazil and UK councils. Facebook India MD Kirthiga Reddy stated that this is the next step in the efforts to better serve partners.
She added, “There are now more than 100 million people in India connected through Facebook and in the past year, we have invested heavily in creating solutions that are tailored to the needs of people and advertisers here.”
In a blog post, she mentioned that in India and around the world, the number of people with access to digital services and devices is skyrocketing, “and for many here the mobile phone has already become a true lifeline, providing information about market prices, healthcare, banking, employment and entertainment.”
This rapid acceleration of the mobile presents businesses with unprecedented opportunities to reach their customers, but also new challenges, Reddy said.
“Facebook is committed to helping businesses navigate this changing landscape, and the Client Council makes our clients and agency partners a key part of this journey,” she stated.