- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Ex I&B secy Sunil Arora appointed IICA DG and CEO
MUMBAI: The central government has appointed former Information & Broadcasting secretary Sunil Arora as the director general and CEO of the Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs (IICA), a think tank under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
ICA has been established for capacity building and training in various subjects and matters relevant to corporate regulation and governance such as corporate and competition law, accounting and auditing issues, compliance management, corporate governance, business sustainability through environmental sensitivity and social responsibility, e-governance and enforcement.
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Arora as DG and CEO of IICA, the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) said in an order.
Arora has been appointed in the “apex scale of Rs 80,000 for a period of five years, or until attaining 65 years of age, or until further orders, whichever is the earliest,” it added.
A 1980-batch IAS officer of the Rajasthan cadre, Arora retired as I&B secretary earlier this year and was also serving as an advisor to Prasar Bharati. Priot to I&B ministry, Arora had served as secretary of Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship.