- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Essel Vision signs Himesh Reshammiya and Tigmanshu Dhulia for its next
MUMBAI: Zee Entertainment Enterprises’ content engine Essel Vision has signed singer turned actor Himesh Reshammiya and actor-director Tigmanshu Dhulia to star in their next movie titled ‘Heeriye’.
Reshammiya will play the lead role in the film, to be directed by Vishal Mishra. The film is also the first ever collaboration between Essel Vision and Reshammiya’s HR Musik.
‘Heeriye’ will be a social, romantic and sensitive drama set in Kanpur. The film marks the debut of film-critic Vishal Mishra as a writer-director. The film also features Dhulia in a pivotal role.
Essel Vision will select the heroine of the film by launching an innovative worldwide campaign called #FindingHeeriye.
Essel Vision business head Akash Chawla said, “We are excited about this new association with HR Musik for our new film, Heeriye. It’s a beautiful love story with a relevant social message. The film requires a fresh face to play the title role opposite Himesh. We will soon introduce a format where we will use the digital assets of Zee Entertainment to implement this hunt and create an easily accessible platform to discover young talent.”
Mishra said, “It’s a pleasure to have India’s one of the biggest media houses backing my first film. Heeriye is a very unique love story weaved in the current social scenario. I am very excited and looking forward to it.”
Produced by Essel Vision Productions Ltd and HR Musik, the film will go on floors this winter.