- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
Eros to release Malayalam family drama ‘Olappeeppi’ on 23 September
MUMBAI: Eros International Media, a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, is all set for the release upcoming Malayalam drama ‘Olappeeppi’ starring Biju Menon Punasseri Kanjana, Sreejith Ravi and Paris Laxmi.
Produced by Sunil Ibrahim of Vibezon Movies, this family drama will hit the theatres on 23 September.
The movie marks the directorial debut of Krish Kymal, renowned photographer, ad filmmaker and cinematographer who worked in Malayalam and Tamil films. The film also stars Jebbar Chemad and Anjali Upasana in prominent roles.
Set in the backdrop of 1970s, the film portraits the story of various impacts and the socio-economic changes that occurred in the state of Kerala due to the execution of the Land Reforms Act in 1970. The film especially focuses on the turmoil created in an upper class feudal family due to the Land Reforms Act.
Following the success of the company’s latest Malayalam release, director Omar Lulu’s ‘Happy Wedding’ that just completed 100 days in theatres, Eros continues to make its successful inroads into Malayalam cinema.
Commenting on the release, Eros International managing director Sunil Lulla said, “We remain focused on strengthening our presence in regional cinema and associating with some of the best talent in the Malayalam industry. Like our previous successes, we hope Olappeeppi also wins audience acclaim”.