- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Eros to release Malayalam family drama ‘Olappeeppi’ on 23 September
MUMBAI: Eros International Media, a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, is all set for the release upcoming Malayalam drama ‘Olappeeppi’ starring Biju Menon Punasseri Kanjana, Sreejith Ravi and Paris Laxmi.
Produced by Sunil Ibrahim of Vibezon Movies, this family drama will hit the theatres on 23 September.
The movie marks the directorial debut of Krish Kymal, renowned photographer, ad filmmaker and cinematographer who worked in Malayalam and Tamil films. The film also stars Jebbar Chemad and Anjali Upasana in prominent roles.
Set in the backdrop of 1970s, the film portraits the story of various impacts and the socio-economic changes that occurred in the state of Kerala due to the execution of the Land Reforms Act in 1970. The film especially focuses on the turmoil created in an upper class feudal family due to the Land Reforms Act.
Following the success of the company’s latest Malayalam release, director Omar Lulu’s ‘Happy Wedding’ that just completed 100 days in theatres, Eros continues to make its successful inroads into Malayalam cinema.
Commenting on the release, Eros International managing director Sunil Lulla said, “We remain focused on strengthening our presence in regional cinema and associating with some of the best talent in the Malayalam industry. Like our previous successes, we hope Olappeeppi also wins audience acclaim”.