- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Eros taps into Romanian market
MUMBAI: Movie production and distribution house Eros International is constantly tapping into newer markets for its films. After witnessing success in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, the company is now eyeing the market of Romania.
Eros International is all set to release the popular Saif Ali Khan and Deepika Padukone starrer ‘Cocktail’ on 18 April across 20 screens in Romania.
Earlier, Eros released the movie in Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan, making it among the biggest Bollywood grosser in the market. The film was released in the two markets in March last year across 19 screens. It is claimed to be the only Indian film to have grossed over $100,000 at the Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan box office.
Eros International Media Ltd business development president Kumar Ahuja said, “We continue to make successful inroads into new territories for our films and Cocktail has proved to be a success story with new markets opening up for it since its release. Our ability to dub and subtitle films into foreign languages allows us to directly appeal to both local audiences as well as the local Indian community.”
With international markets witnessing a good traction for Bollywood films, Eros International is gearing up to release some more films from its library like ‘English Vinglish’, ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ and ‘Toonpur Ka Super Hero’ in Romania in the near future.