- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Eros scrip gets a ‘Bajrangi’ push
MUMBAI: Spurred by the big opening of Bollywood star Salman Khan’s latest release ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ at the box office, film studio Eros International Media, which holds the film’s global distribution rights, has seen a rally on the bourses.
Shares of Eros International were trading at a new 52-week high on Friday on the BSE.
Eros scrip closed at Rs 629.85 apiece, up by Rs 25.40 or 4.20 per cent, compared to the previous close. During the day, the scrip had seen an intraday high of Rs 637.25 and low of Rs 607.8.
Produced by Salman Khan and directed by Kabir Khan, ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’ revolves around a girl from Pakistan who finds herself lost in India when Bajrangi (Salman Khan) undertakes to get her back to her home and reunite her with her family.
The film was released in more than 5,000 screens across 50 countries.
By the way, all previous Eid releases of Salman Khan—‘Kick’, ‘Bodyguard’, ‘Dabangg’ and ‘Wanted’—were blockbuster hits.