- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Eros picks up overseas distribution rights to upcoming Excel films
MUMBAI: Eros International Media has acquired the international rights to Excel Entertainment’s upcoming movies ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ and ‘Bangistan’.
As part of the deal, Eros will release ‘Bangistan’ on 17 April and ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ 5 June in the international markets.
Eros International Media CEO Jyoti Deshpande said, “After a successful association for ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’, we are happy to once again partner with Excel who are known to make films that entertain as well as consistently offer a fresh take on cinema. ‘Dil Dhadakne Do’ and ‘Bangistan’ are looking extremely promising and we are looking forward to showcasing these films internationally through our digital and distribution network.”
‘Dil Dhadakne Do’, a film by Zoya Akhtar, boasts an ensemble cast including Anil Kapoor, Ranveer Singh, Farhan Akhtar, Priyanka Chopra, Anushka Sharma and Shefali Shah. Shot mostly in foreign locales on a cruise ship, the film is a drama centred around a dysfunctional Punjabi family.
‘Bangistan’, by film critic–director Karan Anshuman, is a parody starring Riteish Deshmukh and Pulkit Samrat as two rival, blundering terrorists, with Jacqueline Fernandez making a special appearance.
Excel Entertainment producer Ritesh Sidhwani said, “We are happy to collaborate with Eros for these two exciting projects and present them on a worldwide platform through their outstanding distribution network.”