- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Eros Now’s first original series ‘Salute Siachen’ to premiere on 15 Jan
MUMBAI: Eros International’s over-the-top (OTT) platform Eros Now has announced the premiere of its original series ‘Salute Siachen’.
The five-part series will be available exclusively to Eros Now subscribers on Army Day on 15 January.
In association with HTC, the first ever celebrity expedition to the world’s second longest glacier and highest battlefield was carried out to honour the Indian Army and salute their selfless contribution to the country.
Eros Digital CEO Rishika Lulla Singh said, “Salute Siachen is a unique initiative and a humble tribute showcasing our appreciation of the accomplishments of the Indian army and what better occasion than the Army Day to launch this series paying tribute to the valour of our soldiers”.
The trek, which was flagged off on 15 August 2016, is shot by the nine celebrity participants on HTC phones. Bollywood actors Arjun Rampal and Arunoday Singh, cricketer Rudra Pratap Singh and hockey player Yuvraj Walmiki, TV actor Rannvijay Singha with Namrata Gujaran, Hasan Zaidi, Shlok Sharma and Sonnalli Seygall battled out extreme weather conditions to scale the unpredictable Siachen.
The 20-day trek saw popular faces from different walks of life coming together to salute the Indian Army. The celebrity participants underwent rigorous training and prepping for the expedition that began with an acclimatisation trek to Stok Kangri base.
Eros Now business head Zulfiqar Khan said, “Eros Now’s promise is to narrate inspiring and riveting stories to our audiences and what better way than to kick-start with Salute Siachen, that will inspire and entertain millions of viewers. We are encouraged by the faith and support extended by our partner HTC.”