- India TV’s Rajat Sharma takes charge as NBA prez for third time
- iCubesWire floats $3 mn fund for digital startups
- CRPF, Northern Rails launch cleanliness drive at station
- Reliance Jio 4G speeds rise by 50 per cent as free data offers end: OpenSignal
- Hyderabad man accused of burning wife to death for not getting an MBBS seat
- FIR against Honeypreet, police steps up search operations
- Dawood's brother Iqbal Kaskar arrested in extortion case
- Manmohan Singh Says Demonetisation and GST Double Whammy For Economy
Eros Now secures mobile billing integration with Middle Eastern telcos
MUMBAI: Eros International has said that its over-the-top (OTT) platform Eros Now has secured mobile billing integration capabilities with major telecom operators in the UAE and Qatar.
The tie-ups in the Middle East are with leading local telecom operators such as Ooredoo in Kuwait and Qatar, and Du in the UAE. Additional telecom partnerships throughout the region are currently being negotiated.
Mobile billing integration is at the heart of Eros Now’s penetration strategy to enable consumers to experience the best of Indian entertainment, which includes Bollywood and regional content across major networks and devices.
Consumption of Bollywood content, including Hindi movies, music and TV series, has been on the rise in the Middle East. It is also becoming one of the leading regions in the world in terms of smart device adoption.
With an increasing number of handheld device users, the trend of online content consumption has markedly increased in the region. The South Asian diaspora in both of these markets is estimated to be over 50% of the population, which represents over five million people.
In addition to the South Asian diaspora, Bollywood content continues to be popular with the local Middle Eastern population in dubbed and subtitled formats, both of which are offered on Eros Now.
Eros Digital CEO Rishika Lulla Singh commented, “Recognising the growing demand among Middle Eastern viewers for online video content, especially Bollywood entertainment, these mobile partnerships will give consumers entertainment and easy pay access, whenever and wherever they want it.”