- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Eros Music forays into Tamil with ‘Kaththi’
MUMBAI: Eros International Media Ltd’s music label Eros Music has announced its foray into Tamil music with its first acquisition. The label has acquired the music rights of the Vijay starrer film ‘Kaththi’.
The music label will release the soundtrack of the AR Murugadoss-directed action thriller, which has music by Anirudh Ravichander and stars Illaya Dhalapathy Vijay. The album will be unveiled on 18 September in Chennai.
The soundtrack of Kaththi features a mix of singers and six tracks which include soulful melodies and folk songs with Vijay himself lending his voice to one of the tracks ‘Selfie Pulla’.
Eros Digital South India head and director creative Soundarya A Rajinikanth said, “We are very excited to associate with the Kaththi team to release the music of this much awaited film. This move marks Eros’ debut in the Tamil music market and what can be more auspicious than joining hands with the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, Murugadoss, Vijay sir and youth icon Anirudh. With this move, we are looking forward to leveraging our strength in exclusively exploiting Tamil music content across all formats.”
In addition to owning music rights of its Bollywood line up, Eros Music will retain, exploit and monetise the music rights of Kaththi across physical and digital formats.
Produced by Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions, Kaththi is scheduled to release around Diwali.