- Star Gold Select HD partners select DTH ops to showcase ‘Mughal-E-Azam’ in colour, B&W
- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Eros Music forays into Tamil with ‘Kaththi’
MUMBAI: Eros International Media Ltd’s music label Eros Music has announced its foray into Tamil music with its first acquisition. The label has acquired the music rights of the Vijay starrer film ‘Kaththi’.
The music label will release the soundtrack of the AR Murugadoss-directed action thriller, which has music by Anirudh Ravichander and stars Illaya Dhalapathy Vijay. The album will be unveiled on 18 September in Chennai.
The soundtrack of Kaththi features a mix of singers and six tracks which include soulful melodies and folk songs with Vijay himself lending his voice to one of the tracks ‘Selfie Pulla’.
Eros Digital South India head and director creative Soundarya A Rajinikanth said, “We are very excited to associate with the Kaththi team to release the music of this much awaited film. This move marks Eros’ debut in the Tamil music market and what can be more auspicious than joining hands with the stalwarts of Tamil cinema, Murugadoss, Vijay sir and youth icon Anirudh. With this move, we are looking forward to leveraging our strength in exclusively exploiting Tamil music content across all formats.”
In addition to owning music rights of its Bollywood line up, Eros Music will retain, exploit and monetise the music rights of Kaththi across physical and digital formats.
Produced by Ayngaran International and Lyca Productions, Kaththi is scheduled to release around Diwali.