- Nokia, IIT-Delhi to Use AI to Make Networks More Reliable
- Bitcoin triggers ponzi fear: Government in a huddle, plans crackdown
- Minister Faces Angry Passengers On Delayed Flight. Air India Suspends 3
- SC allows Vodafone to initiate second arbitration over $2 bn tax demand
- INS Kalvari submarine affirms Make in India's giant strides: MDL
- Over 600 fishermen of TN, Kerala still missing after cyclone
- Dalit woman rape case: Kerala court awards death sentence to labourer
Eros and Maqtro Pictures’ Malayalam family drama to release in H1 2017
MUMBAI: Eros International Media and Maqtro Pictures’ co-production ‘Saira Banu’, starring Manju Warrier, Amala Akkineni and Shane Nigam, went on floors last week. The film is slated for release in the first half of 2017.
Debutant Antony Sony Sebastian, who has assisted well-known directors like Rosshan Andrews, will be directing veteran actor Amala Akkineni and Manju Warrier in this emotional family drama. Amala Akkineni will be seen on silver screen after 25 years in a pivotal role as a lawyer along with Manju Warrier, who enacts the title character Saira Banu in the film.
Following several successful Malayalam films such as National Award-winning ‘Pathemari’, ‘Olappeppi’, ‘Happy Wedding’ and ‘Life of Jossootty’, Eros continues to focus on regional expansion plans in several languages including Malayalam.