- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Eros and Maqtro Pictures’ Malayalam family drama to release in H1 2017
MUMBAI: Eros International Media and Maqtro Pictures’ co-production ‘Saira Banu’, starring Manju Warrier, Amala Akkineni and Shane Nigam, went on floors last week. The film is slated for release in the first half of 2017.
Debutant Antony Sony Sebastian, who has assisted well-known directors like Rosshan Andrews, will be directing veteran actor Amala Akkineni and Manju Warrier in this emotional family drama. Amala Akkineni will be seen on silver screen after 25 years in a pivotal role as a lawyer along with Manju Warrier, who enacts the title character Saira Banu in the film.
Following several successful Malayalam films such as National Award-winning ‘Pathemari’, ‘Olappeppi’, ‘Happy Wedding’ and ‘Life of Jossootty’, Eros continues to focus on regional expansion plans in several languages including Malayalam.