- Delhi: Five schoolboys arrested for stabbing 17-year-old to death aboard moving bus
- HT Media’s digital business under new entity to get listed on stock exchange
- Kerala nurse assaulted on vaccination drive
- Amazon founder Jeff Bezos' net worth is now over $100-bn
- Ryan schoolboy murder: Class 11 student to be defended by Rajesh-Nupur Talwars' lawyer
- Kashmir militants kill Territorial Army jawan
‘English Vinglish’ 2nd top-grossing Hindi film in Japan, says Eros
MUMBAI: Sridevi-starrer ‘English Vinglish’ has become the second highest-grossing Hindi film in Japan with a box-office figure of $1 million, states the film’s production house Eros International.
The film, which released across 33 screens in Japan on 28 June this year, continues to perform well at the box office with $1 million and still counting. With this announcement, the film inches closer to Aamir Khan’s ‘3 Idiots’, whose lifetime box-office collection in Japan is approximately $1.6 million, as per a statement.
With a positive response from audiences in Japan, ‘English Vinglish’ released in another 17-odd screens additionally, taking the total screen count to 50 across 20 cities in Japan.
Bollywood actress Sridevi said, “I am flattered with all the love and affection the film continues to receive and once again thank the director Gauri Shinde for making such a wonderful film.”
The grand premiere of the film held in Tokyo on 27 May this year was a huge success and was attended by Sridevi along with the First Lady of Japan Akie Abe and celebrated Japanese singer Agnes Chan.
Eros further mentioned that the film has also found unprecedented success in other territories like Hong Kong, Germany, Taiwan and Korea.