- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Encompass launches 8 more channels from MEASAT’s 91.5°E video neighbourhood
MUMBAI: MEASAT Satellite Systems has said that broadcast playout distribution company Encompass Digital Media is expanding its presence on MEASAT’s leading 91.5°E video neighbourhood.
According to MEASAT, eight more channels are now available from 91.5°E, which include HITS HD, KIX360 SD, Zee Sine SD, beIN Asia Pacific’s Indonesia feeds – beIN SPORTS 1, beIN SPORTS 2, beIN SPORTS 3, WAKUWAKU JAPAN SEA HD and WAKUWAKU JAPAN Taiwan HD, all of which are distributed to TV platforms in more than 100 countries across the Asia Pacific.
The 91.5°E prime video hot slot is home to the MEASAT-3, MEASAT-3a and MEASAT-3b satellites, forming the region’s strongest video neighbourhood. From 91.5°E, MEASAT supports broadcasters and DTH operators to distribute UHD, HD and SD channels to audiences across Asia, Australia, East Africa and South Eastern Europe.
“Encompass is delighted to increase our video line-up in MEASAT’s 91.5°E video hotslot. With satellite still the preferred means for linear TV distribution for emerging markets, MEASAT and Encompass are working together to expand in this segment,” said Encompass chief innovation officer Deepakjit Singh.
“By strengthening our partnership, MEASAT and Encompass continue to increase compelling content for Asia Pacific audiences. Video continues to be MEASAT’s core focus, and we will continue to grow this segment in cooperation with partners, content providers and channel operators,” said MEASAT COO Yau Chyong Lim.