- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
DQE inks six-year content deal with China’s Ciwen Kids
MUMBAI: DQ Entertainment, an entertainment production and distribution company, has signed a content acquisition deal with China’s Ciwen Kids for distribution of multiple DQE properties in Greater China, which includes Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.
The deal is for an initial period of six years and DQE will receive a minimum guarantee fee with a revenue sharing arrangement beyond that.
As per the strategic agreement, DQE will be able to expand its footprint into the vast and growing kids entertainment market of China. Ciwen will represent DQE properties in Greater China, for television, home video and video-on-demand distribution for multiple popular properties such as ‘The Jungle Book’, ‘Lassie’, ‘Lanfuest Quest’, ‘Robin Hood’, ‘Iron Man’ and others.
Based in Beijing, Ciwen produces and distributes media content including TV dramas and motion pictures, and is one of the biggest animation rights holders in China, with more than 3,000 episodes of the best in kids and family animated programming from around the world.
DQE’s properties will now start being featured on BuddiesTV and will be available to large numbers of kids and families in the Chinese audience.