- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
DQE inks six-year content deal with China’s Ciwen Kids
MUMBAI: DQ Entertainment, an entertainment production and distribution company, has signed a content acquisition deal with China’s Ciwen Kids for distribution of multiple DQE properties in Greater China, which includes Mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.
The deal is for an initial period of six years and DQE will receive a minimum guarantee fee with a revenue sharing arrangement beyond that.
As per the strategic agreement, DQE will be able to expand its footprint into the vast and growing kids entertainment market of China. Ciwen will represent DQE properties in Greater China, for television, home video and video-on-demand distribution for multiple popular properties such as ‘The Jungle Book’, ‘Lassie’, ‘Lanfuest Quest’, ‘Robin Hood’, ‘Iron Man’ and others.
Based in Beijing, Ciwen produces and distributes media content including TV dramas and motion pictures, and is one of the biggest animation rights holders in China, with more than 3,000 episodes of the best in kids and family animated programming from around the world.
DQE’s properties will now start being featured on BuddiesTV and will be available to large numbers of kids and families in the Chinese audience.