- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Disney removes Bill Cosby statue from Hollywood theme park
MUMBAI: Following the recent controversy around Bill Cosby and allegations of him drugging women for sex, Disney has removed Cosby’s statue from its Hollywood Studios theme park in Orlando, Florida.
The bust of Cosby, located alongside representations of celebrities like Lucille Ball and Oprah Winfrey in Disney’s Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza, was taken down after the park shut at 10 pm on Tuesday.
An online petition had circulated for months calling for the removal of the Cosby bust, which was one of many at Disney’s Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza.
It was recently revealed through court documents that support multiple allegations that the veteran comedian drugged multiple women before sexually assaulting them.
As per reports, several companies and businesses are now trying to distance themselves from Cosby, following the release of documents showing that he admitted, during a sworn testimony in 2005, to buying Quaalude, a powerful sedative, with the intention of giving it to women before having sex with them.
Other reports also stated that Centric and Bounce TV would be pulling out reruns of Cosby’s shows. The Washington Post also noted that Ben’s Chili Bowl, a Washington DC eatery long linked to the celeb, had taken his picture off its wall and appeared to be excluding Cosby from the opening of its newest location.