- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Disney India ropes in 40 brands for ‘Cars’
MUMBAI: Disney India’s Consumer Products business has collaborated with 40 brands across categories to promote the third instalment of their famous Disney-Pixar’s ‘Car’ series.
This will be the highest number of brand association for any animation movie in India. Disney Pixar’s ‘Finding Dory’ had the support of 16 brands. In the live action genre, Disney is in the lead with 70 brand associations for Marvel’s ‘Captain America: Civil War’.
For the 3rd installation of ‘Cars’, Disney has collaborated with Myntra, Max, Pantaloons, Crocs, Bata, Titan, Funskool, Amazon.in, Duracell, PayTM and more.
Disney India Consumer Products ED and head Sanjeet Mehta said, “At Disney, we are always looking at offering products that fans can enjoy 365 days a year. We are thrilled to be working with as many as 40 brands for our upcoming movie Disney.Pixar’s Cars 3, each of our licensee helps us to offer a piece of the Disney.Pixar Cars universe that fans can take back home. Our long term relationships with our licensees are catalyzed by tent pole movies like these.”
The channel is also running a special Disney Magic Mix around the franchise for a month. The special commenced from 10 June.
Disney -Pixar’s ‘Cars 3’ released today in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu. In the latest installment, the legendary Lighting McQueen will find himself pushed out of the sport that he loves. Hoping to get back in the game, he turns to Cruz Ramirez, an eager young technician who has her own plans for winning. With inspiration from the Fabulous Hudson Hornet and a few unexpected turns, No. 95 prepares to compete on Piston Cup Racing’s biggest stage.
The upcoming releases from Disney India’s Studios business will include Marvel’s Thor: Ragnarok and Star Wars The Last Jedi.
Category and the Brand details for ‘Cars’:
- Apparel: Myntra, Max, Pantaloons, Bioworld and more
- Accessories: Crocs, Bata, Titan, E-Gamme and more
- Publishing: Parragon India
- Stationery: HM International, SKI and more
- Toys: Mattel, Lego, Funskool, My Baby Excel, Hero and more
- Home: Servewell, Ddecor, Welspun, Setner
- Retail & E-commerce: Amazon.in, Hamleys, Landmark, Crossword and more
- Media promotion: Duracell, PayTM