- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Discovery US in strategic alliance with Batanga Media
MUMBAI: US infotainment, kids and lifestyle broadcaster Discovery has made an investment in and formed a strategic partnership with Batanga Media, a digital media and content company for Latin America and the US Hispanic market.
Batanga Media is prominent across all platforms, having attained a monthly social reach of 215+ million, with an ever increasing fan base:
- 40+ million Facebook followers
- 90+ million uniques across Batanga Media’s owned-and-operated properties and social channels, which include: Vix, Batanga, iMujer,and Bolsa de Mulher
- 780+ million video views in November 2016
- 8+ billion social impressions in November 2016
Building on its long-term strategy to engage more viewers across more screens than ever before, the deal will enable Discovery to give consumers improved access to a new and exciting range of Discovery content, attracting young enthusiasts that advertisers want to reach, through Batanga Media’s strong base of millennial audiences.
Batanga Media’s proven expertise in creating content that engages audiences across social and mobile platforms, will support Discovery’s efforts to super-serve its audiences throughout Latin America and enable advertisers the opportunity to reach their desired audience cross-platform via linear, digital and social. The new partnership will also allow Discovery to leverage Batanga Media’s data-driven content creation process.
Discovery Networks Latin America/US Hispanic president, MD Enrique R. Martínez highlighted this deal as the start of a strong new partnership with incredible brands, reach and scale.
“Our investment in the largest independent digital content company in Latin America shows Discovery’s commitment to grow even further within the region, to build our presence across new platforms, and provide an unmatched service for superfans across all screens, engaging new audiences with best-in-class content and providing our advertisers unique branded content opportunities in a digital and social environment.”
Batanga Media CEO Rafael Urbina said, “This is a winning scenario for us, allowing our company the opportunity to remain independent and build our own future, while at the same time, having the support of one of the best media and entertainment companies in the world. Together, we will have more influence; we will be better partners to our advertisers; and most importantly, we will be able to make an even bigger impact and continue to stay ahead of the market.”
The partnership between Discovery and Batanga Media will include a commercial agreement that will enable advertisers to reach their desired audience via true 360 opportunities across linear, digital and social platforms.
Martinez and Discovery Networks Latin America/US Hispanic CFO, COO Michael Bremer will be joining the Batanga Media Board. In addition to Discovery, Batanga Media’s other major investors include HarbourVest Partners, H.I.G. Ventures and Tudor Ventures.
The deal follows an investment by Discovery in November, which led to the formation of Group Nine Media, one of the world’s largest digital first, social video companies, with brands including The Dodo, NowThis, Seeker and Thrillist.