- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Discovery Turbo unveils automotive series ‘Last Car Standing’
MUMBAI: Discovery Turbo is geared up to launch its new auto series based on competition and driving challenges titled ‘Last Car Standing’.
The automotive series will pit owners of lousy cars against each other in a sequence of escalating driving challenges to restore their cars to its original glory.
The competitive series will go on air at 10 pm on weekdays (Mon-Fri) from 10 February.
The show will put five drivers through four high-impact elimination rounds until there is a sole survivor. The driver of the last car standing will get a $10,000 upgrade or they can pass on the money for a chance to compete in a playoff episode for a $50,000 automotive resurrection and the title of ‘Last Car Standing’.
Hosted by Canadian actor Christian Potenza, each episode of the series will see each eliminated driver watching their vehicle endure the ultimate humiliation of being impaled on the ‘Spike of Shame’. Potenza has also hosted ‘Discovery’s Last Car Standing’, an original production for Discovery Canada.
In each episode, the cars will be grouped according to class, from rusty old ‘Boats’ and sub-standard Subcompacts, to faltering 4x4s to rundown vans.
Each group will then be put through four elimination rounds until there’s just one motor still running. The challenges start with a race around the Hot Lap followed by a gruelling climb, tow, or launch up a giant adjustable hydraulic ramp. The third round will see a head-to-head-to-head battle up and down on the Drag Strip Challenge and finally comes the Beater Buster showdown, an automotive obstacle course designed to push each car’s capacity to its breaking point.