- Finance Ministry Using 'Back Door' to Amend Laws, Says Opposition
- Bharti Airtel's Rs 1600 cr Tikona buy: Smart move to gain pan-India 4G spectrum but challenges remain
- Tackle vigilantes with iron hand, CM Yogi Adityanath tells officials
- Shiv Sena MP barred from flying, AI cancels his return ticket
- Pakistan rakes up Kashmir issue despite overtures
- Police arrest 4 men for teasing anti-romeo squad leader Raveena Tyagi in Bareilly
- Police unravel multiple aliases of Westminster terrorist Khalid Masood
Discovery to create shows for Snapchat
MUMBAI: US infotainment,kids and lifestyle broadcaster Discovery and online social network Snap have announced a new deal to develop shows for Snapchat’s Discover platform. Shows are premium short-form mobile video produced exclusively for Snapchat.
Under this agreement, the companies will produce new series created specifically for Snapchat’s “mobile-first” audience as well as shows inspired by some of Discovery Communications’ most captivating and beloved properties, such as ‘Shark Week’ and ‘Mythbusters’.
The shows are expected to debut for Snapchatters in the US in the coming months.
“We’re thrilled to introduce our iconic Discovery content to the Snapchat community. There are few other platforms as dynamic and engaging, especially among younger audiences,” said Discovery chief commercial officer Paul Guyardo.
“Discovery has world-class storytellers who have turned unlikely subjects into cultural phenomena. We have seen what they can do when developing and producing creative concepts for TV and we’re excited to see what’s in store as they apply their talent and expertise to this new medium,” said Snap VP content Nick Bell.
In addition to creating these unique shows, the two companies will also collaborate to bring solutions to sponsors leveraging Snap’s ad technology and formats and Discovery’s world-class stable of advertisers.