- Arun Jaitley calls for expeditious use of penalising power by ED
- Triple talaq misused to satify lust, says UP minister
- 9 lakh registered companies not filing returns: Revenue Secretary Adhia
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai received nearly US $200 million salary last year
- India welcomes Cyprus support for NSG bid
- Murder at Jaya's tea estate: Main suspect killed, another injured in two accidents
Discovery to create shows for Snapchat
MUMBAI: US infotainment,kids and lifestyle broadcaster Discovery and online social network Snap have announced a new deal to develop shows for Snapchat’s Discover platform. Shows are premium short-form mobile video produced exclusively for Snapchat.
Under this agreement, the companies will produce new series created specifically for Snapchat’s “mobile-first” audience as well as shows inspired by some of Discovery Communications’ most captivating and beloved properties, such as ‘Shark Week’ and ‘Mythbusters’.
The shows are expected to debut for Snapchatters in the US in the coming months.
“We’re thrilled to introduce our iconic Discovery content to the Snapchat community. There are few other platforms as dynamic and engaging, especially among younger audiences,” said Discovery chief commercial officer Paul Guyardo.
“Discovery has world-class storytellers who have turned unlikely subjects into cultural phenomena. We have seen what they can do when developing and producing creative concepts for TV and we’re excited to see what’s in store as they apply their talent and expertise to this new medium,” said Snap VP content Nick Bell.
In addition to creating these unique shows, the two companies will also collaborate to bring solutions to sponsors leveraging Snap’s ad technology and formats and Discovery’s world-class stable of advertisers.