- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
Discovery to air Independence Day special ‘Revealed: The Line of Control’
MUMBAI: Discovery Channel will celebrate India’s Independence Day with an exclusive one hour programme, ‘Revealed: The Line of Control’, on the 740 kilometre LOC, the military frontline between India and Pakistan.
The show will air at 9 pm on 15 August. Viewers will see what it takes to keep the line of control efficiently managed, secure and peaceful. The programme looks at the formidable challenge of managing the treacherous frontline in that region, starting from the plains and going into hills and jungle terrain and ending at the snowy heights short of a glacier.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific EVP and GM South Asia and head of revenue, pan-regional ad sales and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “Discovery Channel will give the viewers the first ever glimpse of the management of the line of control. The programme goes behind the scenes to present the logistics, technology and above all the human resilience required to monitor it.”
In the programme, viewers will travel with the Indian officers and soldiers to understand how they defend the LOC, with training manoeuvres and border patrols. They will move along the LOC from Jammu till Poonch and then from Uri to Keran.
Throughout the one-hour, the show will feature soldiers on the ground and record their experience in defending this military frontline. It includes interviews with senior commanders discussing how soldiers are continuously trained in new tactics, equipment and technology.