- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Discovery to air ‘Holi’ special
MUMBAI: To celebrate the festival of colours, Discovery Channel will premiere ‘Spirit Of India – Holi’, a one hour special programme that will delve into the rituals of this fun-filled festival.
The programme will showcase the cultural folklore that surrounds Holi, a festival that breaks all social barriers as India comes together every year to celebrate this colourful carnival. Viewers will get to see up and close how Holi is celebrated in Mathura and the week-long merriment that take place across popular temples in Braj, the city of Lord Krishna, the iconic Radha- Rani temple of Barsana, the popular Banke Bihari temple in Vrindavan among others.
It airs on 23 March at 9 pm on Discovery, Discovery HD World and Discovery Tamil. It is part of Discovery’s biggest television series, ‘Spirit Of India’, that offers an ode to the festivities across India’s diverse culture.
The programme will reveal popular as well as the lesser known facts and trivia of Holi, including revisiting tales of Lord Krishna to the ritual where men mischievously taunt women and later get beaten with sticks at Radha Rani temple to the burning of Holika.