- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Discovery to air ‘Holi’ special
MUMBAI: To celebrate the festival of colours, Discovery Channel will premiere ‘Spirit Of India – Holi’, a one hour special programme that will delve into the rituals of this fun-filled festival.
The programme will showcase the cultural folklore that surrounds Holi, a festival that breaks all social barriers as India comes together every year to celebrate this colourful carnival. Viewers will get to see up and close how Holi is celebrated in Mathura and the week-long merriment that take place across popular temples in Braj, the city of Lord Krishna, the iconic Radha- Rani temple of Barsana, the popular Banke Bihari temple in Vrindavan among others.
It airs on 23 March at 9 pm on Discovery, Discovery HD World and Discovery Tamil. It is part of Discovery’s biggest television series, ‘Spirit Of India’, that offers an ode to the festivities across India’s diverse culture.
The programme will reveal popular as well as the lesser known facts and trivia of Holi, including revisiting tales of Lord Krishna to the ritual where men mischievously taunt women and later get beaten with sticks at Radha Rani temple to the burning of Holika.