- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Discovery Kids to air ‘Wild Wisdom Quiz’
MUMBAI: Discovery Kids, in partnership with WWF India, will present the ‘Wild Wisdom Quiz’ 2014. The wildlife quiz for children will air on 20 December at 11 am.
The programme will be re-telecast on 21 December at 8 pm on the channel. Held in 30 cities across India, the quiz is aimed at increasing environmental awareness among students in India through various themes associated with conservation.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific EVP and GM South Asia and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “Wild Wisdom Quiz 2014 received an encouraging response from schools across the country. In keeping with the brand promise, Discovery Kids, through this quiz, will stimulate young minds and provide wholesome entertainment.”
This year, the quiz focused on ‘Forest Biodiversity’ to spread awareness of the increasing importance of conserving forests among school children. It saw participation from over 15,000 schools across the country.
In addition to the Middle School quiz, there was a quiz for Junior School (Classes 3-5) and an online quiz for High School (Classes 9-12) children.
The quiz was conducted for the Middle School level on 1 October 2014 at the WWF-India auditorium in New Delhi.
The champions for this year’s Wild Wisdom Quiz are Aaron Dev Jose and Pooja Bijoy of L’ecole Chemnaka School, Trivandrum with Jeevesh C and Vignesh SK of Vidya Niketan School, Chennai and Arnav Gupta and Aniket Mishra of Arwachin International School, Delhi, in second and third place respectively.
The winners have won a trip to a Nature Camp in Rishikesh, where they can partake in a host of adventure sports and nature-related activities. Supported by Adventure Nation, the camp enables students to experience nature in all its wonder.
Discovery Kids and WWF-India’s Wild Wisdom Quiz 2014 was supported by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) and Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE), and is recognised as a Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) activity.