- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Discovery Intl president JB Perette to deliver keynote at CII Big Picture 2014
MUMBAI: Discovery Networks International president JB Perrette will be in India to deliver the keynote address at the CII Big Picture Summit 2014 to be held in Delhi on 19 September 2014.
Based in London, Perrette drives the strategy behind the company’s worldwide networks in more than 220 countries.
“The diversity of the Indian television industry and the passion of its leaders to entertain a billion plus population is both inspiring and thrilling. And, in this highly competitive environment, the fact that Discovery has been a leader in multiple genres of television is a testament to our commitment in this market. I am looking forward to sharing my experience at the CII Big Picture Summit and interacting with the entrepreneurs and professionals from Indian media industry,” he said.
Perrette joined Discovery in Oct 2011 as chief digital officer after 11 years with NBCUniversal working on distribution and new business development. Prior to NBC, he held a number of internationally based roles as a member of General Electric’s top leadership development programme based in London, and at CS First Boston in London and Tokyo.
Discovery’s portfolio includes several global flagship brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery and Discovery Science in addition to newly acquired businesses and brands from Eurosport, SBS in the Nordic region, Switchover Media in Italy and Fatafeat in the Middle East.