- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Discovery Intl president JB Perette to deliver keynote at CII Big Picture 2014
MUMBAI: Discovery Networks International president JB Perrette will be in India to deliver the keynote address at the CII Big Picture Summit 2014 to be held in Delhi on 19 September 2014.
Based in London, Perrette drives the strategy behind the company’s worldwide networks in more than 220 countries.
“The diversity of the Indian television industry and the passion of its leaders to entertain a billion plus population is both inspiring and thrilling. And, in this highly competitive environment, the fact that Discovery has been a leader in multiple genres of television is a testament to our commitment in this market. I am looking forward to sharing my experience at the CII Big Picture Summit and interacting with the entrepreneurs and professionals from Indian media industry,” he said.
Perrette joined Discovery in Oct 2011 as chief digital officer after 11 years with NBCUniversal working on distribution and new business development. Prior to NBC, he held a number of internationally based roles as a member of General Electric’s top leadership development programme based in London, and at CS First Boston in London and Tokyo.
Discovery’s portfolio includes several global flagship brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery and Discovery Science in addition to newly acquired businesses and brands from Eurosport, SBS in the Nordic region, Switchover Media in Italy and Fatafeat in the Middle East.