- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
Discovery and 9XM win big at Promax/BDA Awards
MUMBAI: Infotainment broadcaster Discovery Networks and Bollywood music channel 9XM have respectively won four and three awards at the recently held Promax/BDA Awards 2014.
Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (South Asia) won four awards in Best Innovative Marketing Idea and Best Documentary Promo categories.
The network received a gold for Best Innovative Marketing Idea for Animal Planet’s thematic campaign ‘Yeh Mera India’, a silver for Best Innovative Marketing Idea for Discovery Kids’ Science Festival, a gold in Best Documentary Promo category for Discovery Channel’s ‘Earth Flight’ and a sliver for TLC’s ‘Flavours’ in the Best Documentary Promo category.
Discovery Networks Asia Pacific EVP and GM South Asia and head of revenue pan-regional ad sales and Southeast Asia Rahul Johri said, “This recognition reflects Discovery’s ingenious and differentiated approach to connect and entertain the discerning Indian viewer.”
Meanwhile, Bollywood music channel 9XM scored a hat-trick by bagging one gold and two silver trophies at the Promax/BDA Awards.
It picked up a gold for Best Original Logo Design and two silvers for Best On-air Identity and Best Programming Title Sequence.
9XM programming head Sunder Venkatraman said, “Being honoured at Promax/BDA is a great recognition for our creative work. We are very delighted to have secured our hat-trick at the Promax/BDA this year, thanks to the team at 9XM and our design partners Mayur and Ruchi of ChingumChiclet. This victory further strengthens our promise in providing our viewers with a complete music viewing experience.”
Promax/BDA India honours the finest work in television promotion, marketing and design for the Indian region. It recognises excellence in on-air promotion, branding and advertising across India, Pakistan and Bangladesh.