- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Digital Domain, DreamWorks Animation strike deal to bring ‘Shrek’, ‘Kung Fu Panda’ in virtual reality
MUMBAI: Digital Domain Holdings, the parent company of the visual effects house Digital Domain, has aligned with DreamWorks Animation to produce virtual reality content and experiences for the global family entertainment company’s characters, beginning with the worlds of ‘Shrek’ and ‘Kung Fu Panda’.
In the rapidly exploding world of virtual reality, Digital Domain creates, shoots and produces visual effects, 360 degree capture and live streaming as well as full live action production in the virtual reality space.
“For over two decades, DreamWorks Animation has been entertaining audiences with some of the most original stories and beloved characters in entertainment. We are honored to be a part of bringing that great legacy to virtual reality audiences worldwide,” said Digital Domain Holdings MD Rich Flier.
This relationship marks another step forward as Digital Domain continues its drive to become the industry leader in producing and distributing VR content.
The company said that with its VR tools, artists are continually able to push the boundaries of VR and redefine what is possible. As part of its global strategy for the US, China and beyond, Digital Domain recently purchased Immersive Media Ventures, the world leader in 360 degree video capture and streaming, and the partner in the IM360 joint venture, as well as the Hong Kong production facility, PO. This move gives Digital Domain the very best in production, technology and artistry in this exciting new entertainment experience.