- Golf Club incident clear case of racial discrimination: Kiren Rijiju
- Sourav Ganguly Included In BCCI Reform Panel To Be Headed By Rajeev Shukla
- Ravi Shastri to apply for India's head coach position
- Supreme Court refuses to pass interim order against Centre's Aadhaar notification
- Indrani Mukerjea assaulted by jail staff, her lawyer to court
- Google Gets Record $2.7 Billion EU Fine for Skewing Searches
- China lodges diplomatic protest, accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim
- 'India, US Committed To Achieving Full Potential Of Nuclear Co-operation'
DHX Media licenses second season of ‘Teletubbies’ to Nick Jr. US
MUMBAI: DHX Media, a pure-play children’s content company, has licensed exclusive US broadcast rights for 30 brand-new half-hour episodes of Teletubbies which will begin airing on Nickelodeon’s Nick Jr. preschool channel in 2017.
DHX Media senior VP distribution Josh Scherba said, “The new Teletubbies series is winning fans worldwide, and the pickup of another season in the US points to the enduring appeal of this global brand. With all the recognisable favourites as well as new features, the second season is a real treat for audiences both in the US on Nick Jr., and the UK where it will premiere exclusively on CBeebies next year.”
As the flagship property in DHX Media’s strategy to build global brands, the new Teletubbies continues to perform extremely well and is gaining global momentum. The global licensing program is growing with more than 85 licensees already on board.
Licensees in core categories include Character Options (award-winning Master Toy line, with distribution in North America and Northern Europe by Spin Master and Southern Europe by Giochi Preziozi) and Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (DVD and EST) as well as book publishers Egmont (global rights excluding North America and China) and Simon And Schuster (North America).
Season two of Teletubbies introduces new elements. Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po continue to laugh, learn and play as they discover a new area of Teletubbyland called the Hidey Hup–a beautiful hidden glade containing equipment for physical Teletubbies fun, including the Tubby Bouncy, Tubby Slidey, Tubby Uppy Downy and the Tubby Spinny.
The new TV show was commissioned and premiered in the UK by CBeebies, and has been picked up by 23 broadcasters worldwide to date, as well as Amazon Prime Video in the U.K.
The new Teletubbies follows the same well-loved characters and styling as the original but has been visually modernised by DHX Media and UK production company, Darrall Macqueen.