- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
DHX Media, Awesomeness TV in development & content licensing deals
MUMBAI: DHX Media, which creates content for families and children, and AwesomenessTV, a multi-platform media company that produces content for the Gen Z audience, have entered into an original development and production agreement with content to air on Family Channel in Canada.
DHX will also distribute and handle merchandising and licensing outside of the US for original content produced under the deal.
AwesomenessTV is owned by DreamWorks Animation and Hearst, which has a 25 per cent interest.
In addition, DHX Television has licensed three AwesomenessTV series: ‘AwesomenessTV’, a sketch comedy show airing on Nickelodeon US; ‘Make Me Over’, a reality makeover series hosted by teen fashionistas Bethany Mota and Ingrid Nilsen; and ‘Cheerleaders’, a docu-series diving into the competitive world of cheer, also for Family Channel.
DHX Television senior VP, GM Joe Tedesco said, “We’re actively pursuing unique programming formats to provide an authentic lineup for our audience, ensuring the content is both engaging and entertaining. AwesomenessTV has been firing on all platforms and understands our audience. Viewers are easily able to connect with the programming through multiple entry points and we are thrilled to be creating new series together that will appeal to our audience and attract new viewers.”
AwesomenessTV chief digital officer Kelly Day said, “In addition to reaching a new audience for existing AwesomenessTV content, we are looking forward to collaborating with DHX Television on the creation of new series for Family Channel Canada. We are always looking for new opportunities to reach the Gen Z audience, whether it’s a new platform or a new territory. In this case it’s both.”