- ALTBalaji offers subtitles for its original shows in three regional languages
- Unitech Moves Supreme Court Against Government Taking Over
- Court sends accused to police custody for two days in actress case
- UP shocker: 15-year-old cancer survivor gang-raped, then raped by passerby too
Dhoni more marketable than Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar
MUMBAI: While cricket is not as global a sport as soccer, MS Dhoni is more marketable than the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Neymar.
Dhoni is in the top 10 in a list of the most marketable sportspersons of the year, according to a study by the London School of Marketing. He is ranked ninth.
Dhoni is the only cricketer in the top 20.
There are seven tennis players on the list, with Roger Federer at the top. The next two places are taken by golfers Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson.
The list is as follows:
1. Roger Federer – Tennis
2. Tiger Woods – Golf
3. Phil Mickelson – Golf
4. LeBron James – Basketball
5. Kevin Durant – Basketball
6. Rory McIlroy – Golf
7. Novak Djokovic – Tennis
8. Rafael Nadal – Tennis
9. Mahendra Singh Dhoni – Cricket
10. Cristiano Ronaldo – Football
11. Kobe Bryant – Basketball
12. Maria Sharapova – Tennis
13. Lionel Messi – Football
14. Usain Bolt – Track
15. Neymar – Football
16. Andy Murray – Tennis
17. Kei Nishikori – Tennis
18. Derrick Rose – Basketball
19. Floyd Mayweather – Boxing
20. Serena Williams – Tennis