- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Dentsu to acquire Alesport
MUMBAI: Dentsu Aegis Network has agreed to acquire sports marketing and brand activation specialist Alesport Group.
Founded in 1975, the four companies under the Alesport umbrella are RMP Racing, which plans and organises sports events such as two-wheel and four-wheel motor sports, cycling, car racing, mountain bike racing and marathons; RPM Events, which plans and operates B2B events; Alesport, a specialised sports publishing company; and Aventurismo, which is responsible for making travel and accommodation arrangements related to competitions and other events.
As one of the major specialist sports marketing groups in Spain, Alesport is involved in the planning and operation of third-party events as well as its own sports events.
After the acquisition has been completed, Alesport Group will maintain its service structure and will work with other Dentsu Group companies in Spain and other countries to create synergies.
In its September 2015 worldwide ad expenditure forecasts, the Dentsu Group’s media communications agency Carat announced that advertising expenditures in Spain grew by 6.2 per cent in 2014, reflecting the recovery of the country’s economy. The strong growth is expected to continue, with an increase of 6.9 per cent forecast for both 2015 and 2016.
The impact of this transaction on Dentsu’s consolidated financial results for the fiscal year ending 31 December 2016 is expected to be minimal.