- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- Swine flu kills 1094 in India in 8 months
- Liquor stocks gain after Supreme Court clarifies on Highway liquor ban
- The charge that Narayana Murthy forced Vishal Sikka to resign is a lie
- BJP attacks Mamata, says CM trying to create divide among religions
DDLJ enters 20th anniversary run at Maratha Mandir
MUMBAI: Yash Raj Films’ iconic love story ‘Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jaayenge’ has entered the 20th year of its uninterrupted run at the Maratha Mandir film theatre in Mumbai.
Released on 20 October 1995, Aditya Chopra’s epic ode to love has since become the longest-running film in the history of Indian cinema.
As it enters its 20th year, YRF has announced that to celebrate the milestone of DDLJ completing 1,000 weeks of timeless romance on 12 December 2014, it is planning several activities to compliment the movie.
The movie has been running successfully at the Maratha Mandir for the past 19 years. A day after reports suggested that it could be taken off the theatre in December this year, Maratha Mandir’s managing director Manoj Desai dismissed the reports. A single-screen theatre, Maratha Mandir runs other movies as well, but the matinee show has been booked for DDLJ.
Starring Shah Rukh Khan who played Raj and Kajol who played Simran, the film narrates the love story of a fun-loving London-bred Punjabi boy with a girl brought up in a conservative family.