- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
DD partners SBI to launch payment gateway to lend transparency to commercial ops
MUMBAI: Public broadcaster Doordarshan, in collaboration with the State Bank of India, has launched a payment gateway to lend efficiency and transparency to its commercial operations.
The payment gateway will be integrated into the current traffic and billing system to enable all clients and agencies to make online payment by directly visiting DD’s portal at any time of the day.
In January 2015, DD automated its commercial operations for DD National in Phase I. This will be followed for other channels and is under implementation.
The broadcaster claims that the move has helped it to integrate various steps in the execution of commercials, from booking to scheduling and billing. However, the final step of payment receipt was still manual.
Prasar Bharati CEO Jawhar Sircar has been emphasising the use of IT in bringing efficiency into the system and this initiative of Doordarshan is a step in that direction.
For a long time, DD has been facing the problem of reconciling its accounts due to manual operations. This also resulted in several disputes as well as arbitrations.
The payment gateway was inaugurated today by Prasar Bharati member (finance) Rajeev Singh at Doordarshan Bhawan. Present on the occasion were DD director-general C Lalrosanga, engineer-in-chief CBS Maurya, ADG (CRD) Mukesh Sharma, ADG (commercial and sales) Inderjeet Kaur, ADG (P) Deepa Chandra, ADG (admin) PA Naidu, and DDG (commercial) CK Jain. Also present on the occasion were senior SBI officials.