- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
DD National to telecast show on women issues with Aamir Khan
MUMBAI: DD National is set to telecast a special show on women issues with Bollywood actor Aamir Khan.
‘Swayamsidha’ will air on 14 March at 8 pm and will see Khan making significant comments on status of women in society.
Shot in Doordarshan Mumbai and anchored by Neelam Sharma, the show will see well-known women achievers from different walks of life give their views.
The women who participated in the show were IPS Meera Chaddha, former Election Commissioner and writer Neela Satyanarayan, actor Vikram Gokhle, advocate & member ‘Beti Bachao Movement’ Varsha Deshpande, UNICEF communication chief Dr Shweta Mahapatra, Kamani Tubes owner Kalpana Saroj, lawyer and women rights activist Flavia Agnes and ‘Stree Shakti’ producer Mona Khot.
Khan will start the show by focussing on not just the importance of girl child education but also little boys who need to learn to respect women. He said this will inculcate a healthy relationship of equality amongst the boys and girls.