- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
DD Bharati to re-telecast special programmes on NE India
MUMBAI: DD Bharati has dug up its archives to bring back some of its best shows showcasing the spirit of North East India. Starting August, the channel will commence airing the special programmes which will cover various aspects of the North East.
The scheduled programmes have been picked to bring out the essence of the seven states constituting the North East.
The series is titled as ‘North-East Poorvotar Pratibimb’. Some of the shows that will reflect the aura of the states include ‘Monoliths of Meghalaya’, ‘Moirang Parva’ (on Manipuri theatre scheduled to air on 9 August at 4 pm with a repeat on 10 August at 8 am), ‘Glimpses of The Misty East’(a 18-episode series starting from 8 August at 6 pm on the channel).
DD Bharati curator of the shows on North East Dr Arshiya Sethi said, “Glimpses of the Misty East is a travelogue on the seven north-eastern states of India which was produced by Late Dr. Bhupen Hazarika, who was undisputed ambassador of DD Bharati.”
Apart from that, there will be another show on theatre directors from North East Lokendra Arambam and Ratan Thiyam being telecast on 4 August and 11 August at 11 pm, with a repeat on 5 and 12 August at 7 am and 3 pm.
DD Bharati, the art and culture channel of Doordarshan, is now being actively promoted by Prasar Bharati. The channel was launched to highlight the history of the country and stay connected with the viewers.