- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
DD Bharati to present live events in January
MUMBAI: Aiming to present various dance forms as part of India’s ancient culture, DD Bharati will present an array of live events in January.
The channel will telecast the Mukteswar Dance Festival live from Bhubaneswar on 14, 15 and 16 January from 6 to 8 pm.
The three-day Mukteswar Odissi dance festival shall be underway on Mukteswar temple premises featuring solo by Sujata Mohapatra, Sangeeta Dash and Naba Kishore Mishra; duets by Lingaraj Pradhan-Sanjukta Dutta, Rashmi Raj-Biswabhusan Mohapatra and Debasish Patnaik-Niladri Bhusan Mohanty besides group presentations by Vitalina Lobach and troupe from Russia, Poushali Mukerjee’s troupe from Kolkata and Odisha Dance Academy, Bhubaneswar. The festival celebrates the unrivalled charisma of Odissi, the classical dance form of Orissa.
DD Bharati will also present the Sirpur National Dance and Music Festival live from Raipur on 16 January from 8 pm, on 17 January from 6 pm and on 18 January from 8 pm.
Amongst the renowned lndian and international artistes to grace the festival this year are Kathak dancer and Hindustani classical music vocalist Pt Birju Maharaj, English percussionist Peter Robert Lockett, American saxophonist and composer George Brooks, Jazz percussionist Maturano, Indian playback singer Anuradha Paudwal, Indian musician and sitar player Shujaat Husain Khan and Indian classical musician and santoor player Rahul Sharma.
The channel will also showcase the Rajarani Festival live From Bhubaneswar on 18, 19 and 20 January from 6 pm to 8 pm. It will showcase mandolin exponent U Srinivas from Chennai, legendary Carnatic vocalist M Balamuralikrishnan and celebrated couple – violinist L Subramaniam and Kavita Krishnamurti.