- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
DataWind announces retail tie-up with HomeShop18
MUMBAI: Provider of internet connectivity and wireless web access products DataWind has announced a retail tie-up with HomeShop18 to strengthen its retail footprint.
Through this partnership, HomeShop18 and DataWind will jointly launch special sales programmes across broadcast, mobile and internet media to create greater access to low-cost Android tablets and internet access devices UbiSlates.
HomeShop18 founder and CEO Sundeep Malhotra said, “Our partnership with DataWind will ensure our customers from across the length and breadth of the country have access to the company’s rich product portfolio. We are delighted to offer HomeShop18’s extensive reach through TV, web and mobile to Datawind and look forward to a successful alliance.”
In the last few months, DataWind has expanded its distribution network through a series of modern, traditional and online retail distribution agreements.
DataWind president and CEO Suneet Singh Tuli said, “We greatly value our partnership with HomeShop18, given their experience and extensive reach across multimedia platforms of broadcast, internet and mobile shopping. The partnership augurs well for both the companies just as it increases access to our low-cost Android tablets, the addition of our range to HomeShop18 platform enrich their overall offering.”
Its UbiSlate range of tablets and PocketSurfer series of smartphones are now available across the country. These new channels now support the company’s existing retail infrastructure that includes online and direct-to-consumer channels.
Over the last six months, DataWind has tied up with UniverCell in the South, Spice Retail in the North and West, and has established its own distribution network in the East. Through the new partnership, it hopes to close the distribution gaps by leveraging HomeShop18’s wide TV shopping network.