- RBI to issue new Rs 200 note tomorrow
- SC declares right to privacy as Fundamental right
- Swine flu kills 1094 in India in 8 months
- Liquor stocks gain after Supreme Court clarifies on Highway liquor ban
- The charge that Narayana Murthy forced Vishal Sikka to resign is a lie
- BJP attacks Mamata, says CM trying to create divide among religions
CW Network brings back ‘Madtv’ with a new series
MUMBAI: Sketch comedy series ‘Madtv’ is returning to American television, making the jump to primetime with eight all-new one-hour episodes on The CW Network.
A premiere date and time for the series, from Telepictures, will be announced at a later date.
Back with its parodies and politically incorrect humour, the new season will star up-and-coming new comedy voices and will feature special appearances from returning cast members of the original late-night series as hosts of each episode.
Classic episodes from the 14 seasons of the show’s original late-night run are currently available to stream on CW Seed, The CW’s digital network. The CW also recently celebrated the 20th anniversary of MADtv with a reunion special of highlights from the original series and new material featuring 19 returning series alumni.
MADtv is produced by Telepictures, with executive producers David E. Salzman, Mark Teitelbaum, and John Montgomery.
Salzman said, “The Madtv franchise is as vibrant as ever thanks largely to social and digital media appealing to a fan base numbering in the millions that relates to the show’s brand of authentic and irreverent cross-cultural comedy. We will continue to present the hard-hitting, laugh-out-loud, wall-to-wall pop culture parody our fans expect, but in a fresh, new way.”