- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
Cricbuzz targets 75 million users during ICC World Cup
MUMBAI: Cricbuzz, a division of Times Internet, is launching a new World Cup section across web and mobile, to capitalize on the major wave of upcoming cricket, with the World Cup and IPL over the next 4 months.
The new World Cup release features a number of major new features, including:
- ‘Timelines’: go through well-crafted timelines of each tournament since 1975, to relive epic moments
- ‘Records’: the most interesting cricket stats and figures, with a log of past WC matches
- Captains and Kits’: a collection of caricatures of team captains for the last 30 years
- Your Team’: sections dedicated to each team, with history, stats, and easy access
‘The Venue’: information on the cities & venues of matches
Cricbuzz is one of the largest mobile app for cricket news and scores in India. During IPL 2014, Cricbuzz was used by over 50 million people, with more than 80% of users on their mobile devices. In January, Cricbuzz users spent over 2.5 billion minutes on the Cricbuzz app (just under 5000 years!), generating 2.6 billion page views.