- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Cricbuzz received 30 bn page views during IPL 2016
MUMBAI: Cricbuzz received 30 billion page views across its properties during IPL 2016, with users together spending over 24 billion minutes (equivalent to over 45667 years).
Across platforms, Cricbuzz averaged 14 million Daily Active Users, and on the final on 29 May it saw 18.9 million users.
Cricbuzz claimed that it has been the leading cricket destination on desktop and on mobile during the ICC World T20 and the IPL.
Quoting Comscore, the platform stated that over 3.7 million users accessed the Cricbuzz Desktop site in India in April, which is 20 per cent higher than ESPN Cricinfo. In the WT20, 6.63 million users accessed Cricbuzz compared to 5.34 million recorded for ESPN Cricinfo.
This online engagement threw some stimulating insights on fan-preferences in polls conducted by Cricbuzz, where over 2.5 million users participated.
These trends and data reveal that Virat Kohli and the Royal Challengers Bangalore were the toast of this year’s IPL and Dhoni continued to be a crowd puller.
Commenting on the development, Cricbuzz CEO Pankaj Chhaparwal said, “Cricbuzz is quickly becoming the default platform for every cricket fan, and we’re humbled by the response. We consider this traction as a feedback from our users in terms of our services and we look forward to keeping our users entertained in times to come.”
The Cricbuzz app is available to download through the Play Store for Android, the iOS App Store, the Microsoft Store for Windows Mobile and the Blackberry World.